What you need:
- 2 lbs (or so, I used 2.5 lbs) of ground beef
- 1 box of stove top chicken stuffing
- 1 can Italian style stewed tomatoes (un-drained)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 generous cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 meat loaf pans (or 1 large, I used 2 for $1 aluminum ones)
As for loaf number 2, wrap and freeze for up to 3 months, reheat and serve. I actually found the freezing process made the meat loaf develop more flavour and better texture which made me prefer loaf 2 over loaf 1.
Both meat loaves cost me approximately $14. At 7 bucks a loaf, 5 or so minutes of prep time and an hour to cook you can't go wrong. Try it, play around with the ingredients, you'll enjoy it.